Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog. Here, you will find information about my novels, life in Japan, as well as author interviews, discussions on writing, and more. Feel free to browse and if you enjoy a post, please comment. Thanks for reading!

26 March 2014

Writing Goals For 2014

I began my publishing career in 2012, self-publishing Adventure Hunters in 2012. During 2013, I learned a lot about self-publishing, reading, and writing. Although, in truth, you never stop learning. While I plan to learn more and hone my skills, I do have some specific goals for 2014.

I want to publish Adventure Hunters and The Super School Uniform through Mountain Springs House. AH will be edited, something I really should have done the first time around. It will sport a new cover and be better than the first edition. I’m excited about this, as it is my first novel and my first one to be published by a company.
The Super School Uniform is my first wholly original novel (Adventure Hunterswas adapted from an unproduced screenplay) and I will be more proud to have this one published. I conceived it as a novel, and it has been a pain in the butt to write. I have struggled with it more than I thought I ever would. When it sees the light of day, I feel my struggle with it will be over. It may or may not turn into a series. That depends on how well the story resonated with readers.
Another goal is to blog on a more regular basis. For that, I have looked for blogging prompts. I am hoping to manage my time better for blogging and I hoping I can stick with the weekly schedule I have envisioned.
My writing goals may not seem ambitious but I think it is better not to bite off more than I can chew. If I set a few specific small goals, I feel I have a better chance of achieving them. Of course, there is the year-long (life-long?) goal of learning more about writing and publishing.
As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment