Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog. Here, you will find information about my novels, life in Japan, as well as author interviews, discussions on writing, and more. Feel free to browse and if you enjoy a post, please comment. Thanks for reading!

02 May 2014

Canceled TV Shows

BRING IT BACK!! Have you ever screamed those words at TV networks when you heard your favorite show was getting canceled? I think everyone has at one point or another. Some lament the fact, then move on. Others  email the TV execs and start online petitions to return the show to the air. I usually believe such power is out of my hands and just try to enjoy the episodes that were. But here are a few of the canceled shows I enjoyed and  wish would return in one form or another.
Small Wonder - not many people remember this 80s show. It was campy but fun. The story revolved around V.I.C.I, a robot built to look like a ten year old girl. The inventor keeps her at home and tries to pass her off as a real girl. Domestic hilarity ensues. It lasted a few seasons but didn’t reach its full potential. This is a show that I think could be remade for today’s audience. With the technological growth spurt lately, a look at what it means to be human, done with a light touch, could work.
Cleopatra 2525 - One of my all time favorite shows. High on style, it didn’t take itself too seriously. From the team behind Xena and Hercules, it was a nice action-packed break from serious SF. 
Jack Of All Trades - I’ve watched all of this show, along with The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr. I prefer Jack. Stars Bruce Campbell. That’s all you need to know. And the greatest opening theme song ever.
The Flash - The most expensive show on the air at the time (one million dollars per episode), it is getting new life as a spin-off of Arrow. I’m looking forward to it. The original had a classic opening theme by Danny Elfman.
American Gothic - CBS didn’t know what to do with this one. Gary Cole plays the Devil who is the sheriff (and corruptor?) of a small town. He is attempting to persuade his son to join him. Not quite a horror show but not quite a straight drama. Lucas Buck is one of my all-time favorite villains. 
What shows do you miss? As always, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment