Welcome Message

Welcome to my blog. Here, you will find information about my novels, life in Japan, as well as author interviews, discussions on writing, and more. Feel free to browse and if you enjoy a post, please comment. Thanks for reading!

01 May 2014

Do I Love Me?

Do you love yourself, as is? Do you wish you were more comfortable in your own skin?
I’m not trying to brag, but I think I’m an okay guy. I try to be kind to my fellow man, accept people who are different than me, and live the best life I know how. But if there is something I am uncomfortable with about myself, it is a lack of self-motivation.
I’m a big procrastinator. Always have been. That ties in to motivation. I believe I could accomplish more if I just put in a little more ‘oomph.’ But I don’t. Learning Japanese is one of them. I’ve been here for six years and barely speak it. Most of it is because my wife speaks very good English and is able to translate stuff for me, and I work as an English teacher where speaking Japanese is discouraged. The students need to hear native English.
Motivation also ties into time management. It is amazing how much time I waste. Almost every morning I have a list of things I will do. Maybe a quarter get done. It isn’t because I run out of time, I just end up wasting too much time doing meaningless crap. I’m trying to manage my time better, but it is an uphill battle.
But the question was: do you love yourself? For the most part, yes. I have things I need to work on, but now at 36 years old, I’m learning this is who I am. I’ll strive to improve, everyone does, but I’d rate my happiness with myself at 80%.

No comments:

Post a Comment